Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix problems with WIFI iOS 6. ,,, i.e. No auto connect.

All i am having various issues.

1- Wifi wont work properly with OS6.

Examples: facebook wont update notifications while in wifi, but is does in 3G.

Other example: uploading pictures runtime error.

2- Wifi wont Autoconnect. It was auto connecting until I reseted the network settings.

Not sure why now all the sudden does not auto connect.

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 8:56 PM

14 replies

Sep 29, 2012 9:58 PM in response to Blackfuse

NO good solutions yet....

What could have change when I reset the network settings that resulted on the wifi auto connect to fail?

There is not option for "Automatically Connect to approved Networks" in the iphone 4, but...

I wonder with a full restore would solver all this issues? The other question is, what else I could loose by doing a full retore?

I'm so mad... for breaking my own rule of: "Ïf it is not broken don't touch it."

Sep 30, 2012 7:27 AM in response to tdzappy

Ok well here is the most wierd scenario. Today I got ready very early to go to the Apple store with my 2 year protection plan in hand. Before actualy left the house, I called a friend to complain even more. Then on my way out wifi kick in automatically. i am like "***"... What just happend? Yes my wifi automatically conneted to my

Home network on its own.

Now what I did different this time...?

While I was talking to my friend I plugged my iphone to the Computer thats it.

No iTune, no restore, ni nothing, I did nothing. But on my way out started working.

Still FB notifications wont update via wifi.

Oct 1, 2012 1:11 PM in response to Blackfuse

I had the same issue, first reset all network settings by going settings/general/reset. Then once the phone boots back up, then try connecting again, at this point it should connect however you will see it time out from the wifi connection very quickly. After you notice this, re-do the reset network settings for a second time, and once the phone boots up you should be able to connect to wifi like the good ole days, and have no issues. Worked for me on my iPhone 4S running iOS 6 just before the iPhone 5, and then I did it again when my iPhone 5 running iOS 6 had the same issue and when I did the reset twice my problem was gone. Hope this helps.

Oct 1, 2012 2:05 PM in response to Blackfuse

I was having the same problem with auto network connection I had to access my home network manually and then when I left my home I had to reconnect manually again. I called apple for the 3rd time and I think i finally got it fixed, go to wi fi settings, turn off your network, go to other network , type in the name of your network and the password , then click join and it should join automatically

Nov 1, 2012 6:02 AM in response to Blackfuse

I seem to have a variation on this issue. Whilst my iphone always auto connects to my wifi when I come home it sometimes won't load web pages etc. when I ran speedtester app I noticed it downloads but no uploading which causes the issue I see. It's intermittent as it does not always happen. Frustratingly the only way to fix is by rebooting the phone. Then it'll be fine .... Until the next time! No other household devices have the issue and it never happened before 'upgrading' to ios 6. I wonder if this is the same issue causing others to struggle with their wifi.

Nov 2, 2012 6:10 AM in response to Scottyboy99

scott;

Your problem may have to do with the age of your router. My old router does have the same problem.

It could also be the router settings, or the firmware version. Make sure you update the firmware. In other cases downgrading the firmware also may work. Apple is been updating wifi protocols to new standards, causing old routers to be not as good. (Specially with the iOS 6).

To fix the auto connect;

1- delete all networks

2- turn on "ask to join networks"

3- turn off 3G to force Safari to ask to join a network.

4- open Safari

5- accept to connect to wifi and enter password

6- you are done, and it will always auto connect

If you go straight to networks and connect to wifi that way next time you turn off and back on the wifi it wont auto connect. You need to follow instructions above.

How to fix problems with WIFI iOS 6. ,,, i.e. No auto connect.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.