Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Touch with 9 mo. left on warranty-dock connector bent pins-smashed out !!

Hi Apple enthusiasts,

Today I smashed on the Apple Store floor my 3 months old cherished and loved Ipod Touch in the Apple Store in Modesto, California. I came to the store to seek a repair under warranty because couple of pins on the docking connector were sudenly bent and charging was not possible. As my house/family owns two other iPads, three older iPods and two more Touches, I brought all with the charging cables to show them I'm an old Apple customer, an educated consumer, and I couldn't possibly bent these pins by misuse or abuse. They took the iPod for an evaluation for like 10 minutes in their shop, behind closed doors, and they came back, denying any service under warranty. Then I found when they printed the Genius report describing the damage as: "dock connector is ripped out"! I asked them to show this to me, and they actually spotted the part of the docking connector being ripped out. I did not bring the iTouch in this condition, there were couple of pins bent making the charging connection impossible. Manager Will and a Genius then treated me like I'm an idiot, possibly not worth of this Apple product, implying that I inserted an object, and offered me as a gratitude, for $99.00, to replace my iPod Touch, still under warranty till June 2013. Not acceptable, then I smashed this unusable piece of garbage on the floor at the Genius Bar, and left the store. I was deeply humiliated by ignorant Geniuses and an incompetent and an irresponsible rude Apple manager. His name is Will. Please let me know what do you think.

Dan

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6, useless warranty, rude, unprofessio

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 10:27 PM

There are no replies.

Ipod Touch with 9 mo. left on warranty-dock connector bent pins-smashed out !!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.