Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 won't work with Fiat 500 Blue?

Just got the iPhone 5 but when I hook it up via the lightning cord to my Fiat 500's USB port, no sound or connectivity (steering controls). Car is from March 2012. It does seem to know it is plugged in and it does charge, but nothing else. It worked fine with my 4s. Anyone know how to fix this? My music and my car are more important than the phone, so I'd hate to switch back and downgrade to the 4s :-(

iPhone 5

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 11:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 12:02 AM

Have you contacted Fiat?

9 replies

Sep 30, 2012 12:07 AM in response to Allan Sampson

Just got the phone today, so no. I'm going to try and re-pair the phone with the Bluetooth and see if that helps and then maybe see if I need to upgrade the Blue&Me software. My fear is that it is the lightning cord--which means waiting until converters are available (lightning to old). Or worse case, the software is just not compatible and neither Fiat nor Apple give a ****...

Feb 18, 2014 10:13 AM in response to jasanity611

Hi. Do you still have your car? I purchased mine March 2012 and I've been having issues since purchase. Same experience with the radio function. I'm beginning to think it's USB related as well, but i swear the fault occured separate from plugging in the charger also. Sometimes I lose functionality and regain sound within minutes. Sometimes it's days without radio or blueme 😟 Fiat's only solutions have been 1st - turn my car off then back on again to restore functionality, 2ndly flashed software, and 3rdly replace my head unit. I still have the same problem though.. even after all this. What did you end up doing? Thanks 🙂 I appreciate your insight.

-Mary

Oct 10, 2016 8:53 AM in response to Allan Sampson

I went to the fiat dealership and they were not able to figure out how to sync up my iPhone to my car. I was able to sync for the first three and a half years of owning the car, now this new iPhone won't sync. To pair the phone with my car, my car gives me a pairing code. A series of numbers that I am suppose to put into my iPhone, in the Blue&me section. However my new iPhone 6S, no longer gives me the option to put the pairing numbers in.

Iphone 5 won't work with Fiat 500 Blue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.