Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 bluetooth and USB connection issues with 2012 Nissan Navara

- the device disconnects and works intermittently on BT audio, also the car controls lock up intermittently when using in USB mode for music. Bluetooth handsfree for telephone sometimes disconnects incomming call when I press the answer key, any ideas please, car booked into garage to check but I think it could be the phone, I am pairing it correctly, have checked with dealer, any similar issues or ideas??

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 12:28 AM

8 replies

Oct 10, 2012 12:54 PM in response to SWardy

Hi, no not yet Nissan dealer said that Nissan are currently testing the iPhone 5, watch this space I guess!

Glitch with USB connection lead returned too but I think that this must be a hardware issue specific to my car as my iPhone 5 usb connection works fine with my business partners Navara - but BT issue is the same...

Oct 11, 2012 9:57 AM in response to SWardy

Note, I have an Infiniti G37x and have a similar problem. Issue is only with incoming calls. If same problem, call is NOT disconnected, but neither side can hear the other. I found that if I use the car's controls to transfer the call to the handset and then back to the BT, it works if the other side has not given up by then. You can also do this on phone, but dangerous.

I called Apple and they advised me that they are aware of the problem. Occurs on Nissans and some other manufacturers with the iPhone 5. A 4 works fine with iOS 5 and 6 (I tested). They say they are working on it.... We can hope.

Oct 15, 2012 7:05 AM in response to jepb

Thanks for the replies, SWARDY tried all that and still had issues. Nissan dealer have replaced the cable between the USB connector and the multi media unit and now that's working fine with my iPhone 3 for music...The BT problems was exactly as jgramiii describes. Was also told Nissan aware of this BT issue and in progress of testing and I guess producing car software upgrade. For now shiny new iPhone 5 back in box and slow scruffy iPhone 3 back in use!!

Oct 24, 2012 3:59 AM in response to jepb

Thanks for the feedback Phnx_Z, it sounds like it's primarily an Apple software issue then, lets hope the Apple Tech guys are monitoring these posts and working on a software update for the iPhone 5, it's a great unit and I want be able to use it and put the iPhone 3 away. I know a few people have been put off buying the iPhone 5 due to these issues so it's bound to be costing Apple money and reputation - as well as being very frustrating for us!

iPhone 5 bluetooth and USB connection issues with 2012 Nissan Navara

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.