Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iSight won't work with Face time

I recently purchased the newMac mini 2.7 i7 and I am running OX 10.8.3 I decided to go this route, instead of buying a new iMac, I have the chrome apple cinema display which is working better then it did on my G4. The iSight camera isn't working at all on face time. The iSight was working but I read everywhere that this iSight is PPC based and the HD are the ones that will run in a Mac mini with face time

I want know if Apple is going to make a patch, plug-in or ungrade to make this iSight camera complatable with OX 10.8.3 facetime. Will the 400/800 firewire cable work or does MT Lion still prevent the iSight from working? The problem i see with this cable is that both ends are male connections. I need the one that goes into the back of the Mac Mini is a male and the end of that has to be female so the iSight firewire an plug in.

Has anyone resolved this problem without buying a new HDcamera?

thanks you
JackMar

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 12:48 AM

There are no replies.

iSight won't work with Face time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.