Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 10.7 will not install as my Macbook is not at 10.6.8 or later and Software Update function is showing no software update available?

I started this with the purpose of connecting my iPhone 5 to iTunes to sync, but now cannot as i cannot install 10.7 without updating the macbook to 10.6.8, which it is telling me it cannot find??

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 12:55 AM

2 replies

Sep 30, 2012 2:54 AM in response to taffysmac

Correct, you first have to purchase Snow Leopard in order to upgrade - assuming that your Mac can run it:

Requirements for OS X 10.6 'Snow Leopard'

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP575

Whilst Apple have withdrawn Snow Leopard from download, you can still get it from Apple by calling 1-800-MY-APPLE (if you are in the USA) and they will supply the SL DVD for $30. You can also purchase the code to use to download Lion from the same number.

If you are outside the US call your national Apple Helpline:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HE57

If you're in the UK, use this number: 0871 508 4400

When you have installed it, run Software Update to download and install the latest updates for Snow Leopard.

Oct 2, 2012 2:43 AM in response to taffysmac

I'm running a MB 3.1 late 2007 with 10.5.8.

I'm so surprised at all these people telling/selling Snow Leopard to those with older machines.

When Snow Leopard came out I considered upgrading my machine. However a lot discussion about hardware incompatibilities and 'the need for speed' which my MB 3.1 just dont got, despite a majeur boost in memory, had me hold out.

If you've an older Iphone that can run IOS6 my solution (scroll down a little) won't put your MB at an 'infarction'/total crash and death risk via an unadapted upgrade! Ask apple customer service about your machine and compatibility....(the day my 5 arrived, I called in a panic to see if it would be possible to upgrade and any issues/solutions they had and they clearly said...uh yeah it could be a problem.......after trying to immediately sell me Snow Leopard.

Otherwise a newer MBP is your best bet, (if your MB won't support upgrading) as 10.5.8 is going totally obselete and thus security issues on the up.

iTunes 10.7 will not install as my Macbook is not at 10.6.8 or later and Software Update function is showing no software update available?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.