Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restored mail account and subject shows up but no content

I was having problems with my e-mail not getting delivered 100% correctly and I was looking for the problem. I use Mail and had not had any problems until just the last week or so sporatically. I noticed that I had both a Comcast mailbox and a comcast.net mailbox(same address/account)on my iMac. I decided that may be the root of my problem and further noticed that one mailbox had subject but no content to the message. I decided to delete that account and keep the other account that had all the messages and the content. Unfortunately I stupidly didn't archive the mailbox.

I moved the mail to the trash, but didn't delete it until I checked to see if the other account was working properly. It seemed to be fine, so I deleted the mailbox. Fast forward until today when I went into Mail to work on a draft I started yesterday. The header was there, but there was no message content for any of my inbox, sent or draft or junk from 3 years of messages.

I do backup my work, so I went to Time Machine and got the plist & mail folder from the day before and it restored perfectly. All the e-mails were there, but there was no content to the messages, just the headers from the last 3 years.

Can anybody tell me if I'm just SOL for the content of those e-mails or if there is a fix I don't know about . Thanks very much in advance

Currently using Snow Leopard 10.6.8

iMac24 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 3:12 AM

There are no replies.

Restored mail account and subject shows up but no content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.