Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4 unlock help

Hello guys , I've lived in the United Kingdom for a while when i was a student . I've bought an iphone 4 locked to O2 carrier two years ago . However i moved outside the UK now and i want to use my iphone on another network but i cant because it's locked .

I tried to communicate with O2 support to unlock my iphone 4 as the contract has finished but i couldn't because i need an active O2 mobile number to submit a form to unlock my iphone .

I need your help because my iphone 4 is useless now and i dont have an active O2 mobile number to fill the form .

Please help me unlock my iphone 4

IMEI : 012428000431022

Model : MC603B

I'm looking forward to your help in this problem .

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 5:24 AM

4 replies

Sep 30, 2012 5:52 AM in response to steeeeel

ONLY the carrier it is locked to can unlock it. They set the conditions under which they will unlock. If they say you must be an active customer, then you need to be an active customer. There is nothing anyone here can do about it. You'll have to work with them. That's probably going to mean buing an O2 pre-paid SIM or something so you can get your phone unlocked.

Iphone 4 unlock help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.