Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto update from the AppStore

Hi, i'm trying to download an update for iphoto from the AppStore but i get an error message suggesting to sign in with the account I use to purchase iPhoto, which is irrelevant since iphoto was already installed when i puchased my macbook - therefore signing into my account doesn't work.

iPhoto '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 7:25 AM

3 replies

Sep 30, 2012 7:41 AM in response to JPhM2006

If iPhoto came preinstalled on your Mac, you need to accept it to your AppleID. Then you can upgrade it from the "Updates" panel at the App Store.

Have you alredy accepted the iLife Aplications?

If not:

• Double-click the App Store icon in the dock.
  • Enter your Apple ID and password.
  • Click Purchases.
  • If you haven't previously accepted your bundled iLife applications within the Mac App Store, you should see your iLife applications appear in the Accept portion of the screen. Click Accept.
  • You may be asked for your Apple ID and password once again. Your iLife applications now move to the Purchased section. These applications are part of the software that came with your Lion based computer. Your account will not be charged for them.

Regards

Léonie

iphoto update from the AppStore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.