Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBook G4 1.2Ghz wrong Airport antenna cable?

I have an iBook G4 1.2Ghz with Airport Extreme. I bought this used.

The problem I am having is that the Airport Extreme was not picking up a signal unless the iBook is right next to the router.

Anyway i took a look and noticed that the antenna cable is not plugged in to the Airport extreme. The problem is there are 2 cables, one gray and the other black and the plug/connector is not pointed male type that would fit inside the card but rather the other type which usually fits onto a board connector.

I suspect that the LCD was replaced with one of the newer 1.33Ghz model which has the Airport Extreme/Bluetooth combo card which would explain the fact that it has 2 cables with incompatible connectors. (I also think the display was replaced because brightness controls dont work and i can only use 1024x768).

Anyway, is there any way that i can add some sort of adapter to make the wireless cable fit into the Airport extreme card ? There is NO WAY i am going to dismantle the entire iBook to replace the inverter/wireless cable so I am really hoping there is some way i can use the existing cable.

Also which one is Wifi ? The blue or the gray ?

Any help would be appreciated as i hate using the USB wireless dongle. It sticks out from the side and looks ugly.

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 8:02 AM

4 replies

iBook G4 1.2Ghz wrong Airport antenna cable?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.