Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is it impossible to send pictures / video as an SMS?????

It always says that the message sent was a failure, well no. Unacceptable. I have full bars and full wifi, don't give me that noise and put me back to iOS 5.1.1, besides, what happened to iOS 1.2? 1.3? Etc. iOS 6 is a sham and do not upgrade until iOS 6.1 I guess... Phone will receive texts late too and vibrate randomly. Thanks apple, I needed something like an android again....

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 9:12 AM

6 replies

Sep 30, 2012 6:17 PM in response to TANKCCR

I am having this same problem, but I don't think it has to do with iOS 6. My phone started doing it before I upgraded and I just took it as a non-issue/rare occurence.

Now that I'm trying it out with other non-iPhone users, I see it's a definite problem. It either shows "Sending..." until the bar fills halfway and then fails OR just immediately fails. Tested sending a photo to a few friends who have iPhone 4 and 4S' and it worked no problem.

I've tried:

• Restarting my phone
  • Resetting my phone settings
  • Switching between 3G and wifi

Still no luck. I will try contacting Verizon, as it seems like something on their end, but everything I've read suggests the device has to be replaced for some reason.

Oct 1, 2012 7:58 PM in response to akamu24

Wow. That's incredible that apple would neglect such a small problem... But no u know what we need in iOS 6?? A useless passbook that works never, a new YouTube that *****, and everything integrated with Facebook and twitter. Sending pictures as an mms? Forget about it! If your friends or family don't have an iOS device and they wanna see a screen shot or picture they will never receive it. And on top of that, everything "new" is already on android, but by god I will never go to droid because their products are garbage. Apple u have a loyal customer with plentiful options that are 100 times better. Like everyone else with these problems, fix this stupidly small issue that received no attention in the "update"/downgrade.

Why is it impossible to send pictures / video as an SMS?????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.