Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the camera flash on the iphone5 not as good as on a regular camera?

I took photos in a dark restaurant. The flash went off with each photo. However, the photos I took up close of food came out ok, but the pictures I took of my friends who were just sitting across the table from me looked gray/blue. Is this because the iphone flash just doesn't work as well as a regular camera? I called the phone support and the woman I talked to really couldn't answer my question.

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 9:55 AM

3 replies

Sep 30, 2012 6:35 PM in response to olga from orinda

The LED Flash on the iPhone is exceptional. Compared to even the cheapest P&S it's not. It would be helpful if you could post a photo. I have been taking snaps in a dimly lit room with the iPhonr 5 and at a distance of 4' to 5' feet and those came out colorful and brite. There is another ocurrance that happens in low light. When you take a shot with flash a pre-flash emitts before the full shutter clicks. I did notice a greenish/gray tint, but after the photo finished processing in-camera they came out bright, sharp and colorful. I'm not saying anything is wrong with your led flash. It may be your settings, could you have set the flash to auto/off or turn on panorama? Let us know.

As I said, try to post some of the photo's on your thread.

Is the camera flash on the iphone5 not as good as on a regular camera?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.