Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do you think Apple is serious about this article? Ghosting/IR is normal LOL

Npt sure but is this real??!!!

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5455?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 1:10 PM

2 replies

Oct 1, 2012 12:08 AM in response to Dark Ayla

I can't speculate about Apple's motives for this article, but I don't think IR is a normal occurance on IPS panels, nor is it normally seen on iMac's. I've had several iMacs with IPS panels, not one of them has ever exhibited a bit of IR or "ghosting". I also, prior to purchasing my iMacs poured over the boards and various Mac centered forums, including this Support Community for any problems that purchasers were having. I recall there was a screen brightness problem on several that persisted, there were other screen problems but ghosting wasn't one of them. So I think that is an inaccurate if not disengenuous pronouncement. Ghosting is apparantly occuring on several of the new MBP Retina screens using LG panels. I don't think this normal or acceptable and I think the solution is that Apple and its team need to get with the panel manufactureres and other engineers and sort out the problem, and then fix the MBP Retina displays that are exhibiting this problem It should not be an acceptable standard for any Apple product. No other response is worthy of the standards that Apple has set for itself and its customers.

Do you think Apple is serious about this article? Ghosting/IR is normal LOL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.