Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Poor 3G network signal iPhone 5

I am using the Three network on my iPhone 5 and am experiencing poor network signals. I have the same network on my iPad and have a full signal. Is this a common fault on the iPhone 5?

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 2:41 PM

12 replies

Oct 5, 2012 3:55 PM in response to Ambassador.Blux

I am with At&T. My iPhone 4 always stayed connected to the 3G network both at home and work, my new iPhone 5 drops the 4G service constantly and will not find it again. From that point on it stays on the Edge service which is way slow. My wife and daughter still have a 4 and theirs both are connected to the 3G all the time. I have found that if I power the phone down and then turn it back on, it will reconnect to the 4G service.

Oct 7, 2012 3:12 PM in response to Ambassador.Blux

Same thing happening to me. Ipad keeps steady and strong signal but iphone 5 loses it and goes to No Service. Especially when the phone is in my pocket. Takes either a restart or toggling Airplane mode on and off to get the signal back otherwise it can sit at No Service for hours. Looks to me like an iphone 5 general issue as this is the second one Ive had with the same problem. Hopefully Apple are already working on a fix.

Jan 14, 2013 8:57 AM in response to A.D.J.

Hi A.D.J., I am still having the exact problem as you described the last 8 weeks. My iPhone 5 just go on "No Service" indoor for a few hours. I am on EE (3G) . I also have a second phone Samsung SI (on EE 3G), and I always place them next to each other and it never lost connection for such a long time as my iPhone 5. So, the problem is not EE 3G nor the location. Have you found a fix that you could share please? Many thanks

Aug 31, 2013 2:27 PM in response to Ambassador.Blux

I spend a great deal of time travelling, particularly Africa and Asia and have noticed a massive difference between the iphone and other phones. I fly a private jet and as soon as we touch down and everyone switches on their phones, pretty much everyone with Blackberrys have full signal and 3g, whereas all the iphone users are waving their phones around in the air trying to get a signal. The passengers make jokes about iPhone users! This has got so bad that I just bought a Blackberry Z10, which I really did not want to do as I have been an Apple supporter for many years, my whole house is Apple, IMac in my office, Apple TV etc. etc. but a phone needs to work as a phone and the iphone 5 is just not as good as some of the competition. I feel really disappointed that Apple have created a phone that looks great but is not a great performer..... Form rather than function!

Poor 3G network signal iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.