Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So my storage plan is locked in till 09/30/50?? Any idea what that might be about?

I try to downgrade following Apple's instructions and it says that I will go to the 5 gig plan when my current plan expires on 09/30/50. I don't have the option to click done just cancel, seems like it is broken.

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 2:25 PM

8 replies

Sep 30, 2012 2:53 PM in response to Zacra

As I understand it from the email which has been sent out, you don't need to do anything: your account will be automatically downgraded tomorrow (the '50' is obviously an error): so the reason you can't click 'Done' is because it is done. The only case where you need to take any action is if you want to continue with the additional storage, in which case you have to cancel the downgrade (and of course pay for it).

Sep 30, 2012 6:15 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

I hope you are right about the 'obvious' error of 09/30/50.... I don't use the 25GB storage and was anticipating the downgrade...then along comes this strange email today to say that my account had changed..... I cannot alter my storage requirements in Preferences....I now feel that Apple are going to rifle my bank account for a service I don't need.

Oct 1, 2012 3:41 AM in response to Zacra

OK so no it wasn't an obvious error as I still have 25 gig, can't downgrade to the 5 and it still says that it expires on 9/30/50. The credit card information I removed is also back. I won't post a negative comment about support (they delete it if you do and declare it violates the "no rant" policy) but I would rather avoid that call. I have probably already said too much...

Oct 5, 2012 8:01 PM in response to Zacra

I received an email that said to go to my settings and see what my plan is and that it would be extended a year...but when I went to my account it suggested I go to the $100 plan...I don't want to do that but I don't know what will happen as I seem to be exceeding the smaller plan but I don't know how to change my storage. don't really understand what exactly is stored. The only things I really care about are my contacts, calendar. I'd even forgo the musica rather than pay $100 to keep it in the cloud somewhere. I have everything backed up on my external hard drive....so why would I pay for it in a cloud???

Oct 6, 2012 2:42 AM in response to donnafromclark

Your iCloud storage was originally increased from the normal free 5GB for free until 30 September 2012 as a concession because you migrated from MobileMe. Your account storage has now been increased for free until the end of September 2013. At that time if you do nothing your account will revert to 5GB and there will be no charge. If you don't at that time wish to pay to continue to use the extended storage you should ensure that your account usage doews not exceed 5GB - if you exceed it at that time you won't be charged but you may lose some data. (All this has no effect on the amount of storage on iPhones, iPads or computers.) You won't at any point be charged without your specific agreement.

You can purchase additional storage if you wish to, but note that this will over-ride the free storage. The additional iCloud storage levels available are: additional 10GB, $20 p.a., 20 GB, $40 p.a., 50GB $100 p.a. Note that 'iTunes in the Cloud', where such music in your iTunes which was not purchased from the iTunes Store, is charged quite separately from iCloud.

More details in this Apple Help page: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5527

So my storage plan is locked in till 09/30/50?? Any idea what that might be about?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.