Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with my external audio interface, feedback and "clipping" sound.

Ive experienced a couple of problems while connecting my external audio interface (focus rite saffire 6 usb) to Garageband '11 version 6.0.5. To begin with, when i open a new guitar track, this "clipping", mechanic (sometimes feedbacky-) sound starts running automatically (doesn't stop until I disconnect my interface). I know that I've set the preferences the right way and have the monitor option on, but it just won't go away.

When I then try to disconnect and reconnect the interface Garageband won't find it, but after doing this a couple of times, when Garageband finally starts reacting with the interface again the "feedback" sound starts again. I know there's nothing wrong with my interface, i get a clean sound from my guitar while bypassing through the box, and it has worked perfectly before with my 2010 white macbook

Does anybody know what might be wrong?

Thank you for reading and please excuse my poor spelling.

(Im using a 2012 macbook pro 13" intel i5 4gb ram)

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 2012 macbook pro 13" intel i5 4gb

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 2:54 PM

There are no replies.

Problems with my external audio interface, feedback and "clipping" sound.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.