Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

home sharing podcasts ios6

Does anyone know how to home share podcasts?

It worked until the IOS6 swtich, now nothing. The Podcast App, doesn't have an option to home share, and forces one to load podcasts directly onto the iPhone.

I've deleted the app, and can now sync between iTunes, and the Music App, which is a small step forward as the "played" count is now able to sync, but I don't want all that information clogging up my phone!

Apple HELP ME!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6, iMac

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 4:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 12:10 AM

I had the same problem. I use a Mac Mini to download video podcasts for later viewing on my iPad and/or AppleTVs. I noticed that, inside the iPad Video app, Podcasts was no longer an option when I would browse to my Mac Mini iTunes library.

Here's how I fixed it:

1. On the iPad/iPhone, double-tap the Home button to show the App tray
  2. Tap the X to close Podcasts, Music, and Video
  3. Double-tap the Home button to close the App tray (or tap the upper App grid)
  4. Tap and hold the Podcasts app until the icons shake
  5. Tap the X and confirm the dialog popup to delete the Podcasts app
  6. Tap to open the Video app again
  7. Browse to shared library
  8. Podcast option was back

If you actually use Apple's Podcasts app, I supposed you're out of luck. I listen to a ton of audio podcasts, but I use Downcast to manage those directly on my iPad. So deleting the Apple Podcasts app was no big deal for me.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2012 12:10 AM in response to Brian the Illustrator

I had the same problem. I use a Mac Mini to download video podcasts for later viewing on my iPad and/or AppleTVs. I noticed that, inside the iPad Video app, Podcasts was no longer an option when I would browse to my Mac Mini iTunes library.

Here's how I fixed it:

1. On the iPad/iPhone, double-tap the Home button to show the App tray
  2. Tap the X to close Podcasts, Music, and Video
  3. Double-tap the Home button to close the App tray (or tap the upper App grid)
  4. Tap and hold the Podcasts app until the icons shake
  5. Tap the X and confirm the dialog popup to delete the Podcasts app
  6. Tap to open the Video app again
  7. Browse to shared library
  8. Podcast option was back

If you actually use Apple's Podcasts app, I supposed you're out of luck. I listen to a ton of audio podcasts, but I use Downcast to manage those directly on my iPad. So deleting the Apple Podcasts app was no big deal for me.

Oct 1, 2012 12:10 PM in response to adfrost

After viewing another thread here on these forums I went through and disconnected the home sharing both on my iMac as well as in the settings for the Music App on my iPhone, and then restarted everything, and then reconnected the Home Sharing that that seems do the trick!

I'm able to see all my "Artists" and all my "Podcasts" on my iPhone again! Hooray!

Mar 13, 2013 1:48 PM in response to Brian the Illustrator

A solution that I found is to change the Media Kind of the file. right click on the podcast you want to watch in another device. Choose Get Info and select the 5th tab Options and in Media Kind change from Podcast to Music. This will allow you to listen to your podcasts through the music app. If your podcasts is a video repeat the same pocess, but changing the Media KInd from Podcasts to Movie.

home sharing podcasts ios6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.