Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I run a backup when iOS beta has expired?

Hi,

I'm traveling overseas and have been unable to install IOS 6 after the latest beta. I was trying to backup my phone, but the Internet here is bad, so it kept failing.

Is there a way to still do a backup before restoring to the release version of IOS6?

I don't have my own computer here to backup with iTunes, (I don't know if that's possible after the beta has expired?)

I just want to know if there's a way to backup still, how I can do it before trying to restore to the release version.

I will try see if I can install iTunes on one of the computers at the office I'm working at here.

I like to have an iCloud backup too though, because in my experience the iTunes backups aren't always so good, often I have to go reinstall apps after restoring.

Thanks

Steven

iPhone 4, iOS 6

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 7:20 PM

3 replies

Sep 30, 2012 9:48 PM in response to gnutten

It says my software is up to date if I use the normal update mechanism.

I am really worried that If I use the restore method with the latest release from the dev centre, I will loose my pics and messages stuff.

When I did it on my ipad I had to restore everything from backup. - Luckily I knew my ipad had been able to back up to the cloud - I think it has less incremental changes than my phone.

Can I run a backup when iOS beta has expired?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.