Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stack or no stack ?

weird problem guys.

I'll show, in the upper left of a project '1 of 2 ' becasue they've been duplicated and/or worked on, and then collapsed.

Now, ( not sure what's changed other than moving them to a referenced location )

When I click onthe Number it will change from ' 1 of 2 ' to '2 " but no chang ein the photo.

IF

I unstack the photo, the original will show up next to it unstacked and unrelated.

If I 'consolidate original' - it makes no difference

>>??

DId I screw something up ?

The entire lirary is like this

JJ

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4), 32 GB DDR3, Triple TB Display

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 8:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 2:27 AM

What is your Aperture version?

i am not really sure, if I understand the problem correctly. Are you saying, that the stack shows the wrong items in the stack? Is this in the Browser only, or also in the Viewer?

If you see apparently wrong images and suspect a problem with the referenced images, try to toggle between original master and version: select an image and press "m". Then you will see, if the thumbnail or preview is referencing the correct image.

• If the thumbnails in the browser are not correct, select the images in the browser and use the command "Photos > Generate Thumbnails" from the main menu bar,
  • If the previews are wrong, use "Photos > Update Preview" or hold down the "⌥" key and select "Photos > Generate Preview"

If none of this helps, use the "Library First Aid" to repair or rebuild the Library.

Aperture 3 User Manual: Repairing and Rebuilding Your Aperture Library

Regards

Léonie

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2012 2:27 AM in response to wombat2007

What is your Aperture version?

i am not really sure, if I understand the problem correctly. Are you saying, that the stack shows the wrong items in the stack? Is this in the Browser only, or also in the Viewer?

If you see apparently wrong images and suspect a problem with the referenced images, try to toggle between original master and version: select an image and press "m". Then you will see, if the thumbnail or preview is referencing the correct image.

• If the thumbnails in the browser are not correct, select the images in the browser and use the command "Photos > Generate Thumbnails" from the main menu bar,
  • If the previews are wrong, use "Photos > Update Preview" or hold down the "⌥" key and select "Photos > Generate Preview"

If none of this helps, use the "Library First Aid" to repair or rebuild the Library.

Aperture 3 User Manual: Repairing and Rebuilding Your Aperture Library

Regards

Léonie

Oct 2, 2012 9:42 AM in response to Kirby Krieger

you guys are the BOMB !!!!!

thanks so much - i can't believe I've never noticed this before.

So, I'm on 3.2.3 ( the most recent )

For everyone elses benefit on the list //

There is a small 'eyeglass' in the upper right of the infobar right next to a search field. It will trigger your Filter HUD.

Of course, there is no way to see this from the drop down menus - that would be too obvious.

Well, the discovery is that this is independent for each project !!! In other words, if you have 'staff pick' checked for one project it will not show up anywhere except withinthis alnum within that HUD.

Thanks Guys - that saved me some cringing.

one addition without starting a new thread - when I try the hotkey for 'pick' no worky. I can do it from the icon bar but the hotkey refuses.

Stack or no stack ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.