Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 6 Beta 4 expired and Itunes says i have the latest version!

About two weeks before the final version of IOS 6 came out, installed the Beta 4 version (i forget the build number) but i couldnt upgrade to the final from the beta because iTunes said i had the latest version. Now the Beta has expried and my iPad needs to be activated. Problem is, iTunes still thinks i have the newest version.

So i put iPad into restore mode and it let met attempt to download the latest software, but i keep getting network errors and it never downloads.

Please help! Have i bricked my iPad?

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 9:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 9:53 PM

Did you get the beta as a developer or did someone else install it for you? 😕

7 replies

Oct 2, 2012 12:40 PM in response to Bektronix

I found a way around it but had to completely restore my iPad as a new device. I put the iPad in recovery mode with the power button + home button for 10 secs then let go over the pwr button while holding the home button for like 7 seconds. Then plugged it into iTunes via USB. It told me that I needed to restore my iPad 2 and downloaded the ipsw file. It took a couple tries downloading it but it finally worked. Hope it works for ya. I now have ios 6 (10A403)

IOS 6 Beta 4 expired and Itunes says i have the latest version!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.