7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 27, 2013 5:08 PM by chipfromhermitage
Danklin Level 1 Level 1

About two weeks before the final version of IOS 6 came out, installed the Beta 4 version (i forget the build number) but i couldnt upgrade to the final from the beta because iTunes said i had the latest version. Now the Beta has expried and my iPad needs to be activated. Problem is, iTunes still thinks i have the newest version.

So i put iPad into restore mode and it let met attempt to download the latest software, but i keep getting network errors and it never downloads.

Please help! Have i bricked my iPad?

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1
Solved by Ferretbite on Sep 30, 2012 9:53 PM Solved

Did you get the beta as a developer or did someone else install it for you? 

• Ferretbite Level 4 Level 4

Did you get the beta as a developer or did someone else install it for you? 

• Bektronix Level 1 Level 1

I have the same problem.  I am a developer and installed the beta "legally" and still have a bricked iPad.  Does anyone have any useful suggestions?  Have tried restoring back to iOS 5.1, have tried manually installing iOS 6 ipsw, nothing works.

• imobl Level 5 Level 5

Check in the Developers Forum - that is where beta discussions are

supposed to be.

• Danklin Level 1 Level 1

I got the beta by paying $9 to one of those sites to get it from a developer because I myself am not one.

• Danklin Level 1 Level 1

I found a way around it but had to completely restore my iPad as a new device. I put the iPad in recovery mode with the power button + home button for 10 secs then let go over the pwr button while holding the home button for like 7 seconds. Then plugged it into iTunes via USB. It told me that I needed to restore my iPad 2 and downloaded the ipsw file. It took a couple tries downloading it but it finally worked. Hope it works for ya. I now have ios 6 (10A403)

• Ferretbite Level 4 Level 4

I thought so.  It's never a good idea to get those versions because you may run into trouble down the road.  Something similar happened to a lot of people when Lion was released and they couldn't update.

Glad you solved it though.

• chipfromhermitage Level 1 Level 1

If you legally did this because you actually are a developer, you can download beta 5 off of developer.apple.com, but not over the air. Then, you can open the DMG and iTunes, option click the check for updates and select your corresponding beta 5 .ipsw. Hope this helps, just happened to me.