Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6 upgrade has paralysed wifi

iOS 6 has paralysed the wifi on both my brand new iPad 3 and iPhone 4S. I made the big mistake of thinking Apple would not put out something which would have a detrimental effect on these devices and upgraded last week. HUGE mistake. My iPhone started slowing down streaming radio apps. The next morning after I "upgraded" my iPad it took it 40 mins to connect properly to wifi. Today, it took both devices an HOUR to connect to wifi. It would connect for 3 secs then cut out, then 7 secs, then cut out, then 5 secs, then cut out- this torture went on for an hour. I am absolutely furious - this is the first time I have ever posted to a forum but I am so annoyed I had to let Apple know. 1999 internet speeds in 2012 are just completely unacceptable. I had no wifi problems until I upgraded to iOS 6. Had anyone found a solution to this? I'm very angry I paid so much hard-earned money on these products for this to happen! Most importantly, has Apple acknowledged this problem & are they working on a solution?

iPad, iOS 6, IPhone 4S

Posted on Sep 30, 2012 11:56 PM

5 replies

Oct 1, 2012 2:01 AM in response to iBozz

Wow, you're right, I am most definitely not alone. This is outrageous if Apple has still not acknowledged this problem. Never mind about the maps or youtube I can't even get online when I want to. You hear that Apple? I am very disappointed with the company - and I was a fairly new convert to Apple but after this....Android looking a lot better. But for now I want a fix from Apple to restore the speed I used to have with iOS5.1.1. Honestly can't believe an upgrade is such a backward step. APPLE LISTEN UP AND GET IT SORTED PRONTO.

iOS 6 upgrade has paralysed wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.