Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backing up problem

Hi,

I have an iPod touch 4th gen running iOS 5.11 (Second newest version of iOS before iOS 6). I updated my computer (from OSx 10.5.8 to 10.7) and didn't back up my iPod on the old 10.5.8. I now don't know if I plug in my iPod to the new version computer, will it erase my iPod data? I have put all my itunes data back the way they were (apps and music,movies etc).

Help is appreciated muchly. Thank you

-Ebony

iMac

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 1:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 5:38 AM

- Just connect the iPod to your computer and backup the iPod. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Next try to sync the iPod with the computer. If iTunes allow a sync with no error/information messages then everything is fine.

- If iTunes says that the iPod is synced with another library..... then do the following:

Syncing to a "New" Computer or replacing a "crashed" Hard Drive: Apple Support Communities

You will likely not have to do all the steps since you may have all the media on the computer/iTunes library.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2012 5:38 AM in response to EbonyCullen

- Just connect the iPod to your computer and backup the iPod. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Next try to sync the iPod with the computer. If iTunes allow a sync with no error/information messages then everything is fine.

- If iTunes says that the iPod is synced with another library..... then do the following:

Syncing to a "New" Computer or replacing a "crashed" Hard Drive: Apple Support Communities

You will likely not have to do all the steps since you may have all the media on the computer/iTunes library.

Backing up problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.