Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OD client (lion server) safari crashes when downloading an email attachment

I have a user who is having Safari and sometimes Finder crash whenever she downloads an email attachemnet from her iCloud account. Shes signing into iCloud via Safari (v6.0), she wants to download a 1mb PDF and when ever she clicks save, it starts to download, you see the progress bar in the download manager, and then you get the spinning wheel of death.

her user account is a OD account (lion server) with remote home folder.

other users with the same config are not reporting the same problem.

has anyone ells experienced this with OD user accounts?

is she signs into icloud on a local user account the issue does not persist.

please advise.

Mac OS X (10.7.4), Lion Server 10.7.4

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 7:41 AM

4 replies

Oct 11, 2012 8:56 AM in response to Kevin Neal

Hi Kevin,

So last night I updated to 10.7.5 and the issue persisted.

I then went into the users Library and removed the following:

- Safari folder

- anything that had to do with Safari from teh cash folder

- removed the Safari plist file from the prfrence folder

This set the files and settings back to default, so things like home page, browsing history, etc. will go missing

...its like using Safari for the first time ...again.

The good thing is this seems to have resolved the issue, i successfully downloaded PDFs and jpegs that previuosly crashed the system. Time will tell but sofar my end users have not reported any crashes.

Oct 11, 2012 9:13 AM in response to Kevin Neal

hmm sound like system wide issue on your end.

- i would boot from an external OS (like an os insatlled on an external HD) and then remove

Root/Library/Prefrences/SystemConfiguration

..see where that gets you

...but be warned - this will set a bunch of seetings back to default - like wifi, you will have to reconnect to your wifi network and re-enter the password. if your using OD accounts I dont think that this action will not modify any user settings but this action will likely unbind the workstation from the server so you are going to have to rebind the computer to the OD server again. make usre you have all your passwords.

OD client (lion server) safari crashes when downloading an email attachment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.