Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Nano 6th Generation can't be restored, error code 1439...need urgent help>>>

I haven't recharge my iPod for about 5 days. Then I plugged it into my laptop yesterday. For the 1st time it just showed the Apple logo and slept. After a while it has showed a white screen saying, "Do not disconnect" and also a forbidden sign(ø) have been blinking. Itunes says, "iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode. You must restore this iPod before it can be used with itunes." with an 'Ok' button. I've tried for several times but it can't be restored. Finally, itunes shows an eror message saying, "The iPod 'iPod' could not be restored. An unknown eror occured (1439).".

iPod nano (6th generation)

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 9:48 AM

I assume you have tried everything here?

iPod: Cannot restore or update in iTunes with error 1415, 1417, 1418, 1428, 1429, 1430, 1436, or 1439

It could be an indication of damaged or corrupted flash storage, in which case a low level reformat of the IPod and its file system might come in handy.

http://www.methodshop.com/gadgets/ipodsupport/erase/

B-rock

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2012 9:48 AM in response to shahadat37

I assume you have tried everything here?

iPod: Cannot restore or update in iTunes with error 1415, 1417, 1418, 1428, 1429, 1430, 1436, or 1439

It could be an indication of damaged or corrupted flash storage, in which case a low level reformat of the IPod and its file system might come in handy.

http://www.methodshop.com/gadgets/ipodsupport/erase/

B-rock

iPod Nano 6th Generation can't be restored, error code 1439...need urgent help>>>

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.