Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 resumes playing music/podcasts after calls - even when it wasn't playing before the call

So every time I get a phone call my iPhone 5 starts playing whatever audio app was last playing. For example - my iPhone is currently sitting on my desk in my office, not making a sound. I called it from my desk phone, didn't answer, hung up my desk phone, and my iPhone starts playing a random podcast (it's not even the one I was listening to last). It doesn't happen every single time, but it's pretty frequent, and annoying. Anyone know what might be causing this and how to fix it?

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 8:59 AM

21 replies

Oct 17, 2012 2:20 PM in response to DavidAndrus

Give Apple feedback on the issue and Call them.

The latest month people has been frustrated with the lack of information from Apple. Users are getting more and more frustrated with there IOS 6 device not working to the standard of the IOS 5.1.1

Apple has appoligised about the lacking IOS, and more and more info is coming out to the public about just how badly the newest software has been tested.

I guess I should say lack of testing. It must have been rushed out the door, so they could match another phone on the marked.

Yet it is impossible to get any info from Apple, and all we can do is using the "black hole"

http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

or we can call

U.S. iPod, Mac and iPad technical support:

(800) APL-CARE (800-275-2273)

U.S. iPhone technical support:

(800) MY-IPHONE (800-694-7466)

And you should do so if you have not yet done so.

But why do we not hear anything from Apple ?

How can we feel appriciated by Apple, when they do not want to have a dialog with there consumers ?

Even the technical support people are getting frustrated as they get no information on what is going on eather.

Is it wrong of me to demand some information from a company who in a way downgraded my product with the faulty IOS 6 ?

Should I stay silent and just wait for Apple to see and realize that it was uterly wrong to rush this out to us ?

( I know I will now get attacked by Highlevel users on the forum. They will clame that it'a all working fine, even when apples ceo Tim cook came out applogising for ios 6 not working, and/or Apple will fix it and is doing everything they can to fix all the problems with ios6. How they know this I have no idea, as they all claim that they are not working for apple and that Apple is not looking in these discussions)

Oct 17, 2012 2:31 PM in response to Klahane

No i do not expect apple to responce to my post, not at all.

But look around inhere and you will se so many bugs and frustrated people.

I do expect Apple to lift it self back to a standard we have been used to, but not doing anything, like coresponding to the massive amount of feedback they are getting ( that is if the http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html is not a "black hole" ) and let us know what is being done and when we can expect out product to be working again.

That I do expect, Yes !

iPhone 5 resumes playing music/podcasts after calls - even when it wasn't playing before the call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.