Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i would like to restore my MAC address which has been lost in the move to Icloud. I now only have ME.COM. how do I get my MAC email back? x

would like to restore my MAC address which has been lost in the move to Icloud. I now only have ME.COM. how do I get my MAC email back? x

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 9:04 AM

1 reply

Oct 1, 2012 9:21 AM in response to Jakkih1

As far as I know all dot-mac addresses were migrated to dot-me domains a few months ago. Log in to iCloud in System Preferences > iCloud. You need to be running OS X 10.7.x "Lion" or later to be able to use iCloud.

FYI a "MAC address" has nothing to do with a Mac (computer) and is unrelated to an email address. Confusing? Yes, but knowing this may help you find a solution.

Read: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1932

Can I still use my mac.com ID as an Apple ID?

Yes. Your @mac.com ID will still work as an Apple ID for purchases on the iTunes Store, Apple Online Store, and to purchase Apple print products created with iPhoto or Aperture. You may continue to use your @mac.com ID or your new me.com ID as an Apple ID. Both names will access the same account.

Can I send and receive email from both @mac.com and @me.com?

If you had a working @mac.com email address as of July 9, 2008 you can continue to use that address as you always have, as well as your new address @me.com. And emails sent to either address will appear in your inbox on the web as well as your devices. For instructions on how to use both email addresses, including how to set up your Mac, PC, iPhone, or iPod touch, read Setting up MobileMe email on your Mac.

i would like to restore my MAC address which has been lost in the move to Icloud. I now only have ME.COM. how do I get my MAC email back? x

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.