Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s - Verizon 13.1 upgrade

I saw reports of a Verizon wifi vs cell data problem. Instructions state to go to Settings, General, About and then press OK to update the Carrier software. I'm on 13.0 and it is not prompting me to update to 13.1. Is this because the problem is only an iPhone 5 problem? How do I force the update?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 11:10 AM

2 replies

Oct 1, 2012 12:49 PM in response to TIsenberg

I have the 5 and I applied the update because I couldn't tell if it was using LTE in my home. Unfortunately, the update looks like it CAUSED the problem because now I can watch my iPhone icon jump from wifi to LTE every second, which it did not do before the update.

Not happy now and wish I could go back to other version.

Oct 1, 2012 1:22 PM in response to TIsenberg

TIsenberg wrote:

I saw reports of a Verizon wifi vs cell data problem. Instructions state to go to Settings, General, About and then press OK to update the Carrier software. I'm on 13.0 and it is not prompting me to update to 13.1. Is this because the problem is only an iPhone 5 problem?

The update applies only to the iPhone 5.

Regards.

iPhone 4s - Verizon 13.1 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.