Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Table of Contents questions

I have an iba book file which needs categorized sections for the TOC. If I use a template with chapters I can add sections inside the chapters but my problem is I need to categorize the book in sections NOT chapters. For instance

section 1 is on page 3

section 2 is on page 3

section 3 is on page 5

and so on.

IBA only lets me categorize chapters / one per page

I need to categorize sections with sometimes multiple sections on a page.

I do not want to use chapters yet I cannot delete them.

Any help?

R

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Mac Pro 8 Core

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 12:22 PM

Crafting a chapter-less book is possible, but a minimum of one section is required. Remove the chapter label, leave the TOC blank and you'll then have a basic/generic point from which to work with. Use the 'File/Save As Template' menu before modifying further if you want to reuse later, etc.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2012 12:22 PM in response to ralphiedee

Crafting a chapter-less book is possible, but a minimum of one section is required. Remove the chapter label, leave the TOC blank and you'll then have a basic/generic point from which to work with. Use the 'File/Save As Template' menu before modifying further if you want to reuse later, etc.

Oct 1, 2012 1:36 PM in response to K T

I need to use IBA as the book needs interaction, there are videos inside. So can I do the following?

introduction - Main section1

About - sub section

technique - sub section

various teaching - sub section

part A - Main section2

then 16 sub sections

partB main section 3

the problem this poses is some of the sub sections are on the same page as others so I have in certain pages, 3 sub sections as they are paragraphs. I would need the TOC to list these can I do this?

Table of Contents questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.