4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 1, 2012 1:36 PM by ralphiedee
ralphiedee Level 2 Level 2 (335 points)

I have an iba book file which needs categorized sections for the TOC. If I use a template with chapters I can add sections inside the chapters but my problem is I need to categorize the book in sections NOT chapters. For instance

section 1 is on page 3

section 2 is on page 3

section 3 is on page 5

and so on.

IBA only lets me categorize chapters / one per page

I need to categorize sections with sometimes multiple sections on a page.

I do not want to use chapters yet I cannot delete them.

Any help?

R

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Mac Pro 8 Core
  • K T Level 7 Level 7 (23,700 points)

Crafting a chapter-less book is possible, but a minimum of one section is required. Remove the chapter label, leave the TOC blank and you'll then have a basic/generic point from which to work with. Use the 'File/Save As Template' menu before modifying further if you want to reuse later, etc.

• ralphiedee Level 2 Level 2 (335 points)

thx for the reply as I mentioned I do not want a chapterless book I want a book where I can have sections display in the TOC or for instance can't I take a paragpraph style and make that part of the TOC?

RD

• K T Level 7 Level 7 (23,700 points)

If what I stated doesn't fit your basic goals, I doubt you should be using IBA.

In which case, an epub via Pages, as an example, will let you get down/dirty with TOC, etc.

Prioritize your needs, pick a tool and go to work.

• ralphiedee Level 2 Level 2 (335 points)

I need to use IBA as the book needs interaction, there are videos inside. So can I do the following?

introduction - Main section1

About - sub section

technique - sub section

various teaching - sub section

part A - Main section2

then 16 sub sections

partB main section 3

the problem this poses is some of the sub sections are on the same page as others so I have in certain pages, 3 sub sections as they are paragraphs. I would need the TOC to list these can I do this?