Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4s with ios 6 searching sim card after replacing screen, solution?

My iPhone 4s are searching for sim card after I replaced my screen and I have to reset the phone with iTunes to get it working again. When replacing a screen on a 4G it will be stuck when you have entered the pin code and you'll have to press the awake button and then cancel to get it working proper again.

Is there any solution to this problem with IOS 6? This problem just appears with IOS 6 and I don't want to connect with iTunes every time I replace a screen.

I hope you guys can help me with a solution! Thanks!

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 11:49 AM

7 replies

Oct 1, 2012 12:05 PM in response to XTZ

This problem is just a software bug I think and on Iphone 4s it's solved by resetting the device with iTunes and with 4g you just have to wait sometime after entering the pin code until you get network connection and then cancel the pin code entry.

I was thinking that Apple have installed some kind of software code that the repair shop have to enter before taking out the battery. Does any one know how to avoid this "problem"?

Thanks!

Oct 1, 2012 12:12 PM in response to XTZ

iPhone does not search for SIM Card. If there is no SIM, iPhone reports "No SIM""No SIM Card Installed" to screen. If iPhone reports "Searching..." or "No Service" it has detected SIM Card, but cannot find Reception. I would re-check your work. Most common problem with "Searching" is Antenna Connector Cap, the one on the end of the black wire from the dock antenna, is not perfectly attached to the Logic Board near the battery connector. Second most common problem is "blue inductor" at bottom of Logic Board has been dislodged. Third, is the dock speak assembly with antenna is not correctly in its place (4 antenna feet) or the right bottom screw grounding antenna to the midframe is not tightened correctly. When you figure out the fix, let us know what it was. It may obviously be something I have not even touched upon here.

There are no repair codes to enter into iPhone. But before working on iPhone is it best to turn it OFF.

Seems like you got it sorted. Good luck.

Oct 1, 2012 12:20 PM in response to brad805

Thanks Brad for you're detailed reply. I have repaired many iPhone 4G and 4S but have never had this problem until IOS 6 was launched and I have searched the webb for information but nothing. I think it's strange that I havent found any other that have been talking about this and I feel confident with repairing iPhones but there is obviously something wrong so I'm glad for every bit of help I can get!

Brad, on 4s it's searching until you get the message "sim locked" but you never get this. On 4g you always gets this and after entering you're pin code it will say "wait" and then go away fast but it doesnt. It shows even though you have reception with full bars and you have to lock the phone and then cancel entering pin code, after this everything is normal and fully functional.

Oct 25, 2012 12:22 PM in response to XTZ

Hello

I also have repaired many iPhones and have noticed this since IOS6 was released. I just repaired a iPhone 4S and same thing happened again.. It is stuck searching.

I did lots of troubleshooting on the first phone I repaired and suddenly it just startet to work after I rebooted it in Airplane mode, it suddenly started asking for SIM Pin again.

Please, if anyone solves this, please put your answer here!!

Mar 21, 2013 3:24 AM in response to XTZ

The "NO-SIM" problem after screen replacement is due to a software bug/glitch. It happens very frequently on iPhone 4S and sometimes on iPhone 4 running iOS 6.xx. What happens is when you take out the battery the phone loses the time and dates settings which is some how interfering with the phones ability to recognise the sim card. So regardless if you have the sim in or take it out the phone will still show "no sim" or "searching.

Solution

Go to settings/time and date: turn off the "set automatically" function.

Enter time and date manually.

Go back to settings: Turn on flight mode, turn off flight mode

The phone should now recognise your SIM and you can go back and set your time and date settings to "automatically" after you have got network coverage.

Alternative solution. (requires your costumers pin code or phone to have now pin activated)

Connect the phone to a WIFI network so that the phone can receive the "time and date" settings automatically.

🙂

Nov 26, 2015 11:03 PM in response to OutofOrbit

Great work OutofOrbit, this worked for my wife's 5s.

If apple employees (you know, the ones paid to fix their phones) could have told her this it would have been a big help.

Instead they just told her "there is no fix, you'll ned a new phone".

Thanks again and I'm sorry apple, but again you don't live up to your forever diminishing customer service hype.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.