Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying an iPhone 5

Hi everyone, so lately I've been thinking of buying an iPhone 5 however, for the past week or so I've been reading about all the problems and defects that some iPhone 5 users are having. Would it be better to wait a bit to give Apple the chance to correct the issues? Do any of you guys know how long it usually takes for Apple to fix such issues on newly released products? Last question, are you guys experiencing the problems aswell for ex. Purple haze on photos, rattling noise, light leaks, screen issues, etc? Your answers are very much appreciated. Thanks.

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 1:14 PM

4 replies

Oct 1, 2012 1:36 PM in response to iFinest

This is probably not a good place to come for information with such a decision. By definition, only those with problems come here. It is like deciding to buy a car by only going into the repair shop.

I would suggest reading reviews by respected analysts to get a more balanced point of view.

I have had an iPhone 3G, an iPh 4 and now the iPh 5 and I am very happy with the upgrade. There are some problems but I am confident that these will be soon resolved - and there are workarounds in the interim. I personally would not go back or elsewhere.

Oct 1, 2012 1:43 PM in response to iFinest

This is like a emergency room. People come here because they are having problems. I got my iphone 5 last week. I was concerned because of all the postings here about scratches and dings. Mine and my husbands arrived in perfect condition. No scratches, no dings. Pictures are great looking, no light leaks, not rattling etc... I did go to the mall and have Ghost Armor put on my phone. I still do not have a case for it. After nearly a week, it still does not have any dings or scratches (the Ghost Armor does not cover the shinny edge around the screen on front and the back)

Having said all that, I do believe that the people on the forums here received scratched and dinged iphones. I do not think it happened in the shipping process ( my UPS driver dropped my iphone in the street right in front of me) I think the damage is being done at the factory, and apple needs to figure out what is causing it and why the damage is not being discoverd before the phones are being shipped. Anyone getting a damaged phone is unacceptiable!

I love the phone. It was a great upgrade from my iphone4. The choice is yours if you want to wait or get a phone now. But consider that apple has sold a lot more phones than there are people here with problems.

Buying an iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.