Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is apple doing anything about the iphone 5 paint scuff

My iphone has been scuffed out the box have they been doing anyhing about the problem

iPhone 5, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 2:34 PM

5 replies

Oct 1, 2012 2:44 PM in response to Chrisk81

No need to get snotty. GDG is correct; only Apple can tell you what if anything they could do for you. The experience of one user may well not apply to you. If you can't drive to an Apple Store, call Apple tech support.

The issue of cosmetic issues with the iPhone 5 have been discussed here many times already if you just want to read the opinions, guesses and general gab from other users.

Apr 19, 2013 11:46 AM in response to Chrisk81

My iphone 5 paint started scuffing and I just sanded it off with 1500 grit automotive sandpaper from autozone. Seeing that apple couldn't do anything about my scuffing problem and it was gonna ware off I just went ahead and sanded it and the sandpaper costs about six dollars.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

The first two are what the iPhone looks like afer its done an the third is what I used. It takes a little time and effort but the finished product is nice then the iphone striaght out of the box. Apple shoud've just made the black iphione that way

Is apple doing anything about the iphone 5 paint scuff

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.