Skip navigation

How do I access Aperture's Repair function?

359 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2012 1:52 AM by léonie RSS
rshammaa Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 1, 2012 2:35 PM

Hi Guys,

In  aprevious post I mentioned that images in my Aperture trash had become invisible and that when I went to the store the Aperture trainer clicked on Repair when an alert message appeared that referred to the detection of "inconsistencies" in the Aperture Library; and all went back to normal.

Well, images in my Aperture trash are invisible again but there is no alert message this time - so no Repair button to click and solve my problem. Any ideas on how to repeat the fix without it?

I use Aperture's latest version.

Thanks a lot,

Raphael

iMac 21.5", Mac OS X (10.7.2), Pages for iPhone/iPad
  • léonie Level 8 Level 8 (46,330 points)
    Oct 1, 2012 3:03 PM (in response to rshammaa)
    Well, images in my Aperture trash are invisible again but there is no alert message this time -

Raphael,

When you select your Trash, and look at the search field in the Browser, does it say "Show all"? If not, clear the search field.

Regards

Léonie

Oct 1, 2012 11:18 PM (in response to rshammaa)

But...it's stuck in Browser View; no Split View or Browser. What do you think?

Grrr -

Raphael, I am seeing the same, when I open the Trash in Aperture 3.4.1 - ever since the last update. Only Browser View is available; all other views are disabled, when browsing the trash. I cannot even flag an image before putting it back. I assume, this is a new feature and not a bug, but very inconvenient. It makes it very hard to check the trash, before finally emptying it.

Léonie

Oct 2, 2012 2:01 PM (in response to rshammaa)

You could create a new folder - MyTrash - and move the images temporarily there from the Trash. In this folder you can flag and reject the images, but from there will be no "Put Back" to original projects possible.

Oct 2, 2012 2:25 PM (in response to rshammaa)

"Rejected" is a smart album: it shows all images that are rated rejected and not in the Trash. You cannot drag to a smart album.  You add images to smart albums by changing their properties(tags etc.) to meet the rules of the smart album.

Try it: if you move one of your rejected images to another my-trash-album or simply put it back, it will automatically appear in "Rejected".

Oct 2, 2012 3:07 PM (in response to rshammaa)

You mean images won't go into Rejected because it's a smart album - even though they are marked 9 ( surprising ),

Yes, all images marked "9" and not in the Trash- and only these images -appear in the "Rejected" album. You move them there by rating them "9", not by dragging them there.

but they'll let themselves be dragged into any other straightforward folder?

Yes, they'll let themselves be dragged into any other project, not folder.

Or better yet, because they are rated 9, they can be "put back" and simulateously appear in Rejected?

That how it shoud work.

Do I have it right? And can they all be put back simultaneously via Control+A?

Yes, you can select multiple images at once to put back,  but try first with one or two images, how it works for you.

Regards

Léonie

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, 2.4 GHz I.Core i7, 16GB RAM, 500GB
    Oct 3, 2012 1:52 AM (in response to rshammaa)

You are welcome, Raphael! And thanks for the compliment

Good luck!

Léonie

and just in case - remember to make sure you have a back up before starting a massive delete

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.