Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 4 keeps going off wifi during sleep

My Iphone 4 keeps turning off wifi during sleep mode or whatever you call it when you put the screen dark without actually turning off. It has been happening since I dropped my iphone on a floor and on concret. The back glass got cracked but I don't know why its doing this if only the back glass is cracked? I have had this iphone for 2 years. I am going to upgrade to a different phone but would like to know why my phone keeps turning off wifi. It only happened ever since I dropped it a week ago. Did the drop actually effect the wifi antenna? It goes off wifi but my wifi doesn't turn off I mean like the wifi ON is ON. It just gets kicked out or something once screen goes black. I hate that because when I sleep I have games running and there running on 3g and not wifi anymore. I even tried restoring the iphone. It is not my router because I have 2 other smart phones on wifi and they don't lose wifi. I have IOS 6.0 not IOS 5.1.1

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 2:39 PM

11 replies

Oct 1, 2012 5:03 PM in response to KiltedTim

Well if it did than its not doing it now every since I dropped my iphone and my back glass cracked. Must have messed up my wifi antenna somehow because my iphone isnt connecting back to wifi unless I connect to the WIP(Wireless Asscess Point) again for the wifi on the wifi list and I have to do it over and over everytime I put my iphone to sleep once it wakes back up. By sleep I don't mean total shut down on stand by mode.

Nov 21, 2012 2:46 AM in response to GTR_Lover

I agree that some time ago you stayed connected.

I have the same problem now: twitter messages don't come in anymore when phone is in sleep mode.

Before they always came in directly when sent.

Apple should give us more options so we choose for ourselfves what we want.

It must be very hard to create an option: wifi off when in sleep mode yes/no ?

:-/

Also making a real copy of a picture that you have taken would be nice.

So when you delete the original, the copy keeps existing !

Jan 1, 2013 4:45 AM in response to GTR_Lover

hi all, my iphone 4 keeps cutting off the wifi, i connect it and its fine then when it goes to sleep (screen goes off) and i wake it up it is no longer connected to the wifi it happened before ios6 and still happens now i updated to ios6, i have factory reset it and tried a few other things but still dont reconnect, when i connect it again it asks for the password again. any ideas? my girlfriends iphone 4 (same as mine) and the ipad are fine

My iphone 4 keeps going off wifi during sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.