Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ska/Reggae on GarageBand?

Hi, I want to create a ska or reggae song, preferably ska, using GarageBand. I think I'll use software instruments for bass guitar, keyboards, and horns. As for guitar, I have one plugged in to my Mac. Are there any good amp settings (stompboxes, change the reverb, bass, mids, etc.) for me to play a reggae rhythm? Thanks in advance,

Marcel.

MacBook Air (11-inch Late 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 4:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 2:12 AM

I play lots of Reggae , a little Ska. For the most part you have to fool around and find the sounds you like. For bass most the time I use Fingered Style on one track then Muted Electric Bass on a copy of that track. Then blend the two. GB has Deep Reggae Bass but myself I don't care for it.

On Horns I like Dub Horns a lot if want dub echo type of sound. GB is a little short in my view on horns that sound great on Reggae. But double tracks and play around. Mix with the blend and such , you should be able get to something you'll like.

Lots of organs to play with . On drums for the basic kit I use the Pop Kit. Again play aound with other kits and add anccents on another track.

For guitar I don't use GB stompboxes myself. But to be honset I haven't tried them. I have a Line6 POD X3 Live that I like.

Peace & Good Luck,

P Dreadie

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2012 2:12 AM in response to marceljj

I play lots of Reggae , a little Ska. For the most part you have to fool around and find the sounds you like. For bass most the time I use Fingered Style on one track then Muted Electric Bass on a copy of that track. Then blend the two. GB has Deep Reggae Bass but myself I don't care for it.

On Horns I like Dub Horns a lot if want dub echo type of sound. GB is a little short in my view on horns that sound great on Reggae. But double tracks and play around. Mix with the blend and such , you should be able get to something you'll like.

Lots of organs to play with . On drums for the basic kit I use the Pop Kit. Again play aound with other kits and add anccents on another track.

For guitar I don't use GB stompboxes myself. But to be honset I haven't tried them. I have a Line6 POD X3 Live that I like.

Peace & Good Luck,

P Dreadie

Ska/Reggae on GarageBand?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.