Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is a blue spot on screen

There is blue spot on screen

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2014 4:22 PM

I had the same problem with my iPhone when I had to replace the back cover. There was a faint light blue spot one inch above the home button. I suspected excess pressure on the lcd in that spot.

So I took the back cover off and powered up the phone. The spot was gone. I suspected the battery. So i reseated the battery, replaced the cover and powered back up... All fixed!

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2014 4:22 PM in response to Kimchev

I had the same problem with my iPhone when I had to replace the back cover. There was a faint light blue spot one inch above the home button. I suspected excess pressure on the lcd in that spot.

So I took the back cover off and powered up the phone. The spot was gone. I suspected the battery. So i reseated the battery, replaced the cover and powered back up... All fixed!

Nov 12, 2015 12:27 PM in response to igooo

Hi,

I am facing the same blue spot problem in my newly bought iPhone 6 within a month of its purchase (bought in Sep 2015). The spot is round in shape and similar in size of the home button . Location is just above the home button on the screen. Phone is not damaged . In addition facing battery issue and it gets hanged frequently. Facing too much of disappointment

Jul 31, 2016 11:07 AM in response to Kimchev

I had the same problem today, it looks like the little dot that appears on the left top corner of any app when it has been updated so i googled it and I read about dead pixels so when i finally downliaded the sofware and stuff to get tid of it nothing happened so I let it be for an hour or two, and when i scrolled down my notification tab, you know that tab hidden in your screen that scrolls down where you can also see the weather... Yeah there. I finally realized that a frase in that tab was selected from head to toe in blue so i could copy and paste it and I could move it and when ai did move it the little blue dot on my screen also moved so I realized that that is what is happening. It's not a dead pixel just restart your phone and it will dissapear! Good luck

Aug 7, 2016 11:22 AM in response to Mikey8888

Thank you so much bro.. I just noticed a blue spot today and freaked out. lucky to have found your post. Just to check i pressed the back cover a bit to see if it makes any difference to the blue spot on the lower right corner. It widened a little. I had to get my phone opened and there it was. A small metallic strip a little loose. Tightened the screws and viola!!! i have the same old spotless screen again. Thanks

There is a blue spot on screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.