Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 6 Upgrade on iPhone 4s Verizon 3g Issues

Hi,

First of all, I just want to say that this is killing me Apple. I use my iPhone 4s as a business phone and need it for emails because I travel for work. Last week, I did the OTA upgrade to iOS 6 on my Verizon iPhone 4s and now my 3g does not work (well kind of, sort of). If I go into settings > general > cellular > roaming and toggle the roaming switch from on/off or vice versa, the 3g works temporarly until the next time I put the phone to sleep. Upon waking the phone up, 3g will not work unless I repeat the roaming toggle. I have completed 2 restores on my phone connected to iTunes and I'm still having issues.

Has anyone else had this happen to them on this upgrade? Did you find a fix for this bug? If so, what was the remedy?

This is driving me insane, PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 5:01 PM

6 replies

Oct 2, 2012 6:39 AM in response to modular747

Modular747 - Thanks for reply. I think the carrier update file only applies to Verizon iPhone 5's and patched a data issue, where 3g data was used while connected to WIFI. There wasn't a message when I went into general > about, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

On the other hand, I think I've solved the issue. Last night I attempted another restore through iTunes, and instead of backing up to a previous saved backup I selected "set up as new device". Doing this fixed my 3g connection issues. I then had to run another restore but this time instead of setting my iphone up as a new device I chose my last saved backup. Voila, everything's working normal again and I couldn't be any happier.

Hope this helps others in the same boat!

Dec 10, 2012 12:27 PM in response to Macbookpro1982

I'm frustrated with this as well, but finally found a work-around....

something about the update to ios6 is causing the problem, and it's preventing me from restoring any backup made after the update and retaining the 3g services...

to get mine to work, i had to restore the phone as if it were a new phone, and then restore again, using an old back-up, made prior to the ios6 update.

To test this, make a new backup of your current phone, then restore and setup as a new device. test your 3g, it should work. Then restore using the backup you just made, and sadly, the 3g won't work anymore. 😟

if this is your issue, just restore using an old back-up made prior to the ios6 update, and even though you'll lose any data created since then, you'll at least have most of your stuff...

I have an iphone 4, factory unlocked, and experienced this trouble in europe while using Bité and Omnitel in Lithuania.

Hope my experience helps somebody...

-B

iOS 6 Upgrade on iPhone 4s Verizon 3g Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.