Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just got an iPhone 5 and I can't back it up from my computer...

I just got an iPhone 5 and I can't back it up from my computer because iTunes needs to be updated, but I can't update itunes because I don't have OS X Lion or newer server. And I can't find anywhere to download those.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 6:59 PM

In order to install iTunes 7, you need OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, or newer. You can call the online Apple store, which in the US is at 800-MY-APPLE and order it.

If you want to upgrade to Lion or Mountain Lion, that would be the next step, however, you don't have to in order to use iTunes 7 and your iPhone 5.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2012 6:59 PM in response to letslinger

In order to install iTunes 7, you need OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard, or newer. You can call the online Apple store, which in the US is at 800-MY-APPLE and order it.

If you want to upgrade to Lion or Mountain Lion, that would be the next step, however, you don't have to in order to use iTunes 7 and your iPhone 5.

I just got an iPhone 5 and I can't back it up from my computer...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.