Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID already in use

I want to set up a new apple account for my daughter bc both were using the same one. For purposes of using the cloud, I want them to have their own. I proceeded to set up her account and after doing everything it said her AppleId was already associated with an AppleId account, so I proceeded to Apple re-set password and used that appleId it said it had, and had them send an email to the account with the password so I could use it, thinking she did this a while ago and forgot. No email ever came to her email account and I don't want to set up an entirely different email account just for this.

Any ideas?

iPhone 4

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 6:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 5:37 AM

I found her email on two accounts and deleted it. Still says its associated with an account. Is there anyway to find out where else it's associated to delete it? I have no idea where else it could be!

6 replies

Oct 1, 2012 8:09 PM in response to staceyinga

Typically Apple Support sends an Apple ID Password Reset to a "Rescue" email address that someone gave them when the Apple ID account was set up in the first place. The "Rescue" email address cannot be the same email that is the primary address for the Apple ID. Have you looked for the email in another email Inbox that may have been setup as the "Rescue" email address.

Oct 2, 2012 5:36 AM in response to staceyinga

This morning I am kind of rethinking your original commends and wondering if the pop-up feedback as you tried to create your daughter's new Apple ID was actually saying that the Apple ID selected was already in use period. Then if you tried to request a change of password for that Apple ID the email would go to whomever actually is using that Apple ID. Are you absolutely certain that you have "that" Apple ID entered correctly? Is that Apple ID your daughter's current email address? In any event as you work to create the overall content management for the devices of your family via iClould, iTunes, etc., be aware that there are many choices as to how to achieve your goal. Each User/Owner could clearly have their Own Apple ID, but you may actually Share one ID for things like iTunes content. You might want to read the various threads on the advantages of the different content management and device management. When you think about Apps like iMessage, FaceTime, etc. there again are many ways to manage what is directed to a specific device, even if you all share a common Apple ID.

Apple ID already in use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.