Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come that the time machine backup takes 5 days to sync 200 GB over the ethernet?

I'm really not happy with the backup speed of the time machine. it has been 1 day and half that it is syncing and for now just 36GB are done of 210GB.

The remaining time estimation is ridiculous around 5 more days?😢

How come this is possible?? I cannot move my mac pro anywhere else it needs to be plug-in 24/7 to the Ethernet and power, of course hoping that everything goes already during these 5 days to backup.

I've tried different things, I've check my disk for issues also for permission issues none existed.

I've tried to restart the backup from scratch, even some times it start fast it slows down to a very low transfer rate, and now the current rate of transfer is around 1KB or lower :S

The soul purpose of the time capsule is to do backups but at this speed rate it's useless, and from what I saw it happens to other people.

I must have being doing something very wrong, can anyone help me or give me suggestions?😕

Regards

P.S. Mac pro 13'' early 2011 with 8 GB, Mac OX 10.7.5

Time capsule 2TB-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 10:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 12:21 AM

The latest update to Lion.. 10.7.5 added slowness of TM as a new feature.. (There are no bugs just features).

Until Apple sort out their beta testing I would recommend a different backup software. CCC, SuperDuper, Chronosync.

The issue from reading the various posts is affecting everyone.. including people using external drives.

Welcome to the new Apple beta program.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2012 12:21 AM in response to Aguiaruxo

The latest update to Lion.. 10.7.5 added slowness of TM as a new feature.. (There are no bugs just features).

Until Apple sort out their beta testing I would recommend a different backup software. CCC, SuperDuper, Chronosync.

The issue from reading the various posts is affecting everyone.. including people using external drives.

Welcome to the new Apple beta program.

How come that the time machine backup takes 5 days to sync 200 GB over the ethernet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.