Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to number pages

HI;

how do I number my pages on pages? I found under the inspector, layout-section, selected section and got what looked like a way to tell it to put page numbers in but didn't work for me. I selected start at and put the number 1 in the box. Back to my paper and every time I tried to type the page number in at the bottom, first I got the header box and then it would only put the same number for each page.

HELP please,

Thanks,

I will stay calm!

MacBook, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), pages, page numbering

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 11:37 PM

2 replies

Oct 1, 2012 11:56 PM in response to Iwillstaycalm

Any text (including a number) that you place into a Header or Footer will repeat on each page.

The settings in the Inspector control the numbers applied to each page in a section, but don't cause those numbers to be displayed on the page.

To get the number onto a page, yuo need to go to the Insert menu and choose Page Number.

You'll find a more detailed explanation (and a wealth of other information about using Pages) in the Pages '09 User Guide. Page numbering is discussed in the article Adding Page Numbers and Other Changeable Values, in Chapter 5, Working with Text. Search 'page number' for related discussion.

You can download the Pages '09 User Guide via the Help menu in Pages '09.

Regards,

Barry

how to number pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.