Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to reinstall mac mail 6?

Hi

I downgraded safari 6 to 5.1.7 and mac mail and notes does not work anymore!

Is there amy way to download and install mac mail 6 again?

Thanks

Mac Pro, OS X Server, Server on Mountain Lion

Posted on Oct 1, 2012 11:20 PM

5 replies

Oct 2, 2012 2:35 AM in response to baltwo

• Get Pacifist.
  • Download Safari 5.1.7 for Lion.
  • Quit Safari if running.
  • Install Safari 5.1.7 using Pacifist. Select "Open Package", choose the 5.1.7 dmg from step 2. Click on the "Contents of Safari5.1.7LionManual.pkg", then click "Install" on the toolbar. Choose "Yes" or "Replace" when asked, and wait for it to finish.
  • Disable the frameworks that were installed by Safari 6 (by renaming them). You will be prompted for your administrator password.
    $ cd /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks
    $ sudo mv SafariServices.framework SafariServices.framework.disabled
  • Disable additional Safari 6 frameworks (optional, but recommended):
    $ cd /System/Library/StagedFrameworks/Safari $ sudo mv SafariServices.framework SafariServices.framework.disabled $ sudo mv WebInspector.framework WebInspector.framework.disabled
  • Launch Safari.

Oct 2, 2012 8:50 AM in response to mehrab @ zettachem

Thanks. Hadn't worked out which frameworks needed renaming. I do know how to use the Terminal command, but thanks for posting the steps for anyone else interested in doing this. I'll definitely be trying that.

Now, if I can figure out how to replace the Dock with one having usable app running indicators. The current rectangular ones on the edge are barely visible and the icon reflections aren't, their basically just colored smudges. Just another unnecessary iOSification change.

how to reinstall mac mail 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.