Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resetting Web Service only to Defaults

Hello:

I'm in the midst of a rather painful migration from 10.6.8 Server to 10.8.2/2.1.1Server.

The upgrade seems to take quite some time, and my most importanmt services (mail, dns, OD, FS) all migrated without an apparent hitch.

I did get the RED X OF DOOM from the installer, but the only services which are wonky are Web and those related to Web (CalDAV, CardDAV, Wiki)...

The console simply reads "Error Reding Settings". Then an error dialog pops up stating "An error occured on the server while reading settings. The error occured while reading settings for thw Web service."

I never really used the web services on 10.6... but I'd like to on 10.8... how do I reset the Web (and only Web) service to "10.8 Default"?

Thanks in advance! 🙂

- matthewk

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 12:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 12:41 AM

In terminal, enter:

sudo serveradmin command web:command=restoreFactorySettings

3 replies

Resetting Web Service only to Defaults

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.