Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to add Facebook but not download contacts etc

From what I've read adding a Facebook account downloads my Facebook contact info (and on iOS it also says it syncs both contact and event info) to my Mac.

I would like to add FB so I can send stuff to FB but I do not want to download stuff from FB, especially not contact or event info. It also seem that I can turn off this once I have done the initial login ... but then I've already downloaded this stuff that I don't want to download.

Is there a way to add FB without downloading/syncing info? I've tried to find some info about this but so far I've failed.

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 12:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 1:08 AM

Once you activate the FB link you should get a message asking if you want to sync contacts... Untick this!

Nothing is downloaded and your original contacts list will stay as it was... Likewise on your iPhone or iPad. I'm not sure what you mean by saying that it is already downloaded. It isn't...

Best of luck and make a back up of your Address Book, before you proceed, in case something goes wrong.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2012 1:08 AM in response to jemostrom

Once you activate the FB link you should get a message asking if you want to sync contacts... Untick this!

Nothing is downloaded and your original contacts list will stay as it was... Likewise on your iPhone or iPad. I'm not sure what you mean by saying that it is already downloaded. It isn't...

Best of luck and make a back up of your Address Book, before you proceed, in case something goes wrong.

How to add Facebook but not download contacts etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.