Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ML 10.8.2 - Mail Server: Port configuration !?

Hello

I try to configure a ML Server and want it to configured aas a mail server. So I configured DNS names, mail domains, Users and so on.

Now when I try to configure a mail client to receive mails via IMAP the server won't respond. So I tested all open ports on/to the server. Now I noticed that port 110 and 143 is not open. So any 1 knows how to open these ports in ML?

OS X 10.8.2 (Build 12C54) and Server 2.1.1 (Build 12S365)

Many thanks for any informations.

Dominique

virtual Mac OS X Server-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 1:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 2:08 AM

Use this manual: http://krypted.com/mac-os-x/setting-up-the-mail-service-in-mountain-lion-server/

Have you upgraded from a previous version of server?

Do you use an SSL certificate? Have you set that for IMAP services in the server app?

If so, try configuring your clients to use port 993 instead and tell the client to use SSL.

Message was edited by: Mark23

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2012 2:08 AM in response to hoefi_eu

Use this manual: http://krypted.com/mac-os-x/setting-up-the-mail-service-in-mountain-lion-server/

Have you upgraded from a previous version of server?

Do you use an SSL certificate? Have you set that for IMAP services in the server app?

If so, try configuring your clients to use port 993 instead and tell the client to use SSL.

Message was edited by: Mark23

Oct 2, 2012 2:39 AM in response to Mark23

Hi Mark23

Thanks for your help. The server is a new installed system. I checked also your installation guide (very nice!!!) and found out that my configuration was done correctly. I stopped the service and started it again. After this the server accepted IMAP and POP3 clients.

Thanks for your quick help!

Dominqiue

Oct 2, 2012 5:59 AM in response to Mark23

Hi Mark

only one question - maybe you know a quick answer. 😉

Now I created a user (Login: test, Mail: contact@domain.tld) in the server.app. Now I configure Max OS X Mail Client and I'm able to receive mails. When I try to send a mail then I always receive a error message that the mail could not be send.

I configured the following at mail app:

server: mail.domain.tld

Standard Ports

No SSL

Athentication: Password

username: test

password: *******

In server app (mail) i configured Authentication: Custom (Digest, APOP).

Any tips for me?

Thanks!

Dominique

ML 10.8.2 - Mail Server: Port configuration !?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.