Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone does not ring when a call is coming

My phone does not ring when a call or text is comes

iPhone 4

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 5:18 AM

1 reply

Feb 3, 2014 2:36 PM in response to salvatrice

There are a few things you should try.

• Replug the iPhone to the dock and then remove it again. Sometimes, it’s just a software pass-out and reconnecting the iPhone to the dock triggers the software again.
  • If you use earphones, plug in and then remove it again. With the earphone removed, try increasing/decreasing th volume. Does the volume HUD say Ringtone (headset)? If yes, the iPhone is till thinking that the earphones are plugged in. If not, the speaker should be working now.
  • Take a brush and dust off the dock connector. This region, which lies just close to the speakers, can accumulate a bit of a dust. With time, the dust becomes dense enough to actually trick the software into thinking that the iPhone is docked.
  • You can also tap (a little strongly) right of the home screen. Right beneath this casing is the speaker connections. Something might have loosened up here. Tapping doesn’t guarantee a working solution but it’s known to fix things a few times.
  • At a slightly advanced level you might want to take a sharp object – like a pin – and clear out the dust over the dock connector.
  • Use the pin to clear out – very carefully – dust in the headphone port. Dust within the port can also cause sound problems.
  • Sill not working? Contact apple! 1-800-MY-APPLE or visit your local store

-daaple

My phone does not ring when a call is coming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.