Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to print text messages from an iPhone?

Is it possible to print text messages form an iPhone?

iPhone 4

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 6:55 AM

14 replies

Oct 2, 2012 7:49 AM in response to Bodycalming

I'm running iOS6 on iPhone 5, and I don't have the "Print" option in the forward screen as per your instructions (yes, I have an Airprint enabled printer).

@spot-the-dog: Messages > Edit > select the texts you want to print > Forward > and then email them to yourself and then print to AirPrint device, or send them to your computer and print from there.

Less glamours, but less steps, (if you do have an Airprint enabled printer) you can take screen shots (press home button & sleep/wake button simutaneously) and then print from your camera roll.

_SG

Oct 2, 2012 9:50 AM in response to spot-the-dog

There are a couple of programs that you can buy to run on your PC that will look in your iPhone backups and pull the text of your messages out so you can save them on your computer and then print them if you need to. But you cannot directly print a text message, I am assuming you are using the native iPhone Message app which doesn't allow this.

As SGWGINTEXAS says, you can copy the content of a message by pressing on it and then pasting this into an email to yourself and then print that using AirPrint but the Message app itself doesn't support this.

Apr 6, 2013 11:18 PM in response to Thom_D

Yeah, unless you want to deal with the pain of trying to get you messages to your computer, you will have to take a screenshot (by taping the home and lock button at the same time).

If you want to print a screenshot, it will be in the photos app to print ( click the share button and click print). If you so not have a AirPrint printer, there are third-party apps for computers like fingerprint (look it up) that can make a fake AirPrint printer.

Jun 16, 2013 11:46 AM in response to Ocean20

I have an Airprint printer and can print from my 4S- from websites, Notes, etc. but it will not print from Photo. Took screen shot of text mesage and it will not print. Keeps telling me computer is out of paper-as I print from these other sources! Any suggestion why? I did get my print by emailing the screen shot to myself and printing from there.

Nov 20, 2014 10:16 PM in response to Macbook354

Macbook354 wrote:

Yeah, unless you want to deal with the pain of trying to get you messages to your computer, you will have to take a screenshot (by taping the home and lock button at the same time).

If you want to print a screenshot, it will be in the photos app to print ( click the share button and click print). If you so not have a AirPrint printer, there are third-party apps for computers like fingerprint (look it up) that can make a fake AirPrint printer.

I want to add something more.

In most cases, you would need to use a paid third party tool to export and then print your iPhone text messages on your computer. If you have a low amount of messages you want to print you can also take prints creens of each message, then transfer the photos to your computer and print from there. This and more methods of printing iPhone text messages here: How to Print Text Messages from iPhone?

Jul 28, 2015 12:53 AM in response to spot-the-dog

There is no direct way to print text messages from iPhone. Apple suggests taking screenshots of text messages, which will work perfectly if you want to print few text messages. But if you want to transfer or print multiple iPhone SMS or a long text conversation you have to rely on some third-party tools. But some program someone recommending is a bit on the expensive side. There are cheap and useful applications like FonePaw iOS Transfer, which I'm using now.

Is it possible to print text messages from an iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.