Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automatic App Updates

Is there a setting in iOS 6 that allows updates for installed apps to automatically update?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 7:22 AM

No... There is a "permenant login", but your apps should never update automatically. Apple is known for always allowing you the option of reviewing the update before it installs. If your apps are automaticlly updating, you may have a glitch in your software. Only other cause could be that you've recently downloaded an App that doing this intentionally, or may be the cause of the glitch itself. Good luck!! Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2012 7:22 AM in response to JohnTheMacGeek

No... There is a "permenant login", but your apps should never update automatically. Apple is known for always allowing you the option of reviewing the update before it installs. If your apps are automaticlly updating, you may have a glitch in your software. Only other cause could be that you've recently downloaded an App that doing this intentionally, or may be the cause of the glitch itself. Good luck!! Cheers!

Oct 2, 2012 7:33 AM in response to JohnTheMacGeek

HAHA I totally understand. My wife has the app store hidden in a folder in one of the last pages so she doesnt have to see the notifications all the time. If I may make a suggestion, you should be backing up your phones at least once a week. When you do yours, you could do your wifes at the same time. And then while your at it, you can do the updates for her 🙂. A happy wife means a happy husband... haha

Automatic App Updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.