Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages App displaying messages out of order

My wife sent me a picture using iMessage on her iPhone of her low tire presure indicator, I responded by sending her a picture of the Air Compressor in the garage from my iPhone.

No comments on the humor please, but what I noticed this morning when checking the Messages App on my iMac the picture she sent me is listed 10 hours earlier in the day yesterday where on my iPhone it shows it correclty at 5:15PM. I also checked my iPad and MacBookPro and it pictures are correct on both.

Aby thoughts?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Mac Office 2011

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 7:41 AM

1 reply

Oct 3, 2012 2:14 PM in response to iJustKJ

HI,

There do seem to be some issues around Syncing across multiple devices.

Most people express problems with using an iPhone or iPad whilst at work and having a conversation.

When they get home and start up Messages on their Mac it will start syncing.

However the ongoing Chat Messages will then get inserted as they occur which can be mixed up with what is syncing (which in turn can be slow).

As Messages are Time Stamped I would check that the Date and Time is right on that computer.

It may be the Time Zone that is out.

User uploaded file
10:14 PM Wednesday; October 3, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Mountain Lion 10.8.2)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Message was edited by: Ralph Johns (UK)

Messages App displaying messages out of order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.