Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wired Xbox360 controller for Assassin's Creed 2

Hi,

I've used my wired Xbox 360 controller on other games on the Mac (same Mac, same Mountain Lion...) before, but now I download Assassin's Creed Deluxe Edition from Mac Games Store and it just won't work. When I go to the controller settings inside the game, I can't even select this controller. Tattiebogle's driver are installed and when I check them in the preferences pane everything works. As I said: It works on other games as well, just not ACII, and it works with ACII and the same controller on Windows.

Does anyone have any idea how to get past this problem? I would really prefer to use my 360 controller. Keyboard/mouse is no option for me and I would rather not use any other controller. This problem is really driving me mad. All the solutions I found were for connection problems with the wireless controller, but the connection works. It's just the game.

Thanks in advance!

Sabrina

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 9:41 AM

3 replies

Oct 4, 2012 7:04 AM in response to MissKillALot

Hello!

Same problem here with wireless XBOX 360 controller, and i've also some minor problem with other games ( for example, in Air Supremacy - from App Store - my plane turns continuosly to left, but my controller works neat on other games).

I think it's a driver problem, why Apple or Mirosoft ( I'd prefer Apple 🙂 ) release an official driver for such a common controller?

P.S. : OSX 10.8.2, iMac 24" mid 2007, 2,4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro 256 MB. Every game is obviously original.

Wired Xbox360 controller for Assassin's Creed 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.