Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mail hangs waking from sleep

why does mail hang in 10.8.2 - mountain lion - when waking from sleep? Mail hangs for ~5 minutes every time.

I have a MBA late 2010 running 10.8.2, no special system software installed beyond standard.

For the past few weeks every time I wake from sleep mode this happens. Driving me crazy.

I have 2 google mail accounts and 1 exchange account. The accounts don't get huge activity so I don't think it's a sync issue. Plus this wasn't happening with 10.8.0 as far as I can tell.

Anybody know how to fix this? Searched forums for 2 days but find no other reference to this.

Thanks!!

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), 2.13 GhZ Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM

Posted on Oct 2, 2012 9:50 AM

20 replies

Oct 30, 2012 3:25 PM in response to beejaybee

I had the same problem with my iMac, but it turned out my hard drive was dying. Apple extended a Seagate 1TB hard drive recall program to include my computer from 2009. Had it replaced by Apple, restored everything from Time Machine, and it works like a charm. Although I hope you don't have to replace your drive, you may want to check to see if you qualify for the replacment. Go here to check it out: http://www.apple.com/support/imac-harddrive/

Jan 12, 2013 5:32 PM in response to dfclark68

I have the same issues and the same setup as many (MBA 2011, Exchange, Gmail and iCloud). I do see a similar but not as extreme problem with Calendar.

I was starting to be convinced my hardware had a gremlin and I was ready to wipe my machine and try reinstalling everything from scratch, but this seems to be a more widespread issue.

mail hangs waking from sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.